No School, No Problem... Ideas to Keep the Kids Entertained
Running out of things to do with the kids? We gathered up a few ideas for you!
Good Old Fashioned Family Fun
- Play Classic Board Games: Monopoly, Sorry, Shut the Box, Twister, Battleship, Checkers,
- Puzzles: Set up a large puzzle in common area and everyone can work on it at their convenience
- Movie Night: Get the popcorn ready and turn on a classic movie. Some suggestions: Miracle, Goonies, The Princess Bride, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, and E.T.
- Card Games: War, Go Fish, Old Maid, Hearts, Uno, Yahtzee
When It's Time to Get the Energy Out
GoNoodle® engages kids with movement & mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
Join Jaime for yoga, mindfulness and relaxation on the Cosmic Kids YouTube Channel. Kids love it and parents and teachers report significant improvements in self-regulation, focus and empathy.
Take a Virtual Field Trip
Click on the images below to go on an adventure to the zoo, a national park, Mars, a farm, The Great Wall of China and explore art at The Lourve Museum in Paris!
Getting Creative with Art
Mo invites you into his studio, doodles, and teaches you how to make fun crafts! Each day there is something different to try.
A local farm in Cohasset recommends taking the kids on a bug safari or making a pinecone bird feeder? Click on the image above for these fun ideas for nature-based educational activities.
Take your kids to the beach or on a hike and collect rocks to paint. Here are a few rocks we collected at a local beach that our kids painted on the most recent rainy day!
Ways to Stay in Touch with People
- Write a letter to a friend, grandparent or a loved one.
- Download Facebook Messenger for Kids. You can send messages with stickers and emojis, video conference for Lunch Bunch, have a dance party and do group workouts.
- Set up a Zoom chat with your kids buddies to have a virtual playdate.